Tourist Visa is granted to a Sri Lanka National / Foreigner who does not have a residence or Occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives. No other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa. The Tourist Visa is non – extendable and non-convertible.
All foreign nationals applying for visa in Sri Lanka are required to fill Reference Form along with the online visa Application.
Please CLICK HERE to download Reference Form for foreign nationals.
Applicants are requested to print the Reference Form, fill in the details (with black ink), and submit the form along with the online visa Online Application.
Sri Lanka Nationals
- Completed Visa Application Form (There are NO ONLINE PAYMENTS for form filling).
- 2 recent color photographs – 2 inch x 2 inch (White Background, Without Specs, Photo on the Passport and Form must tally with applicant’s present appearance.)
- Previous passports (If previous lost please provide the police compliant report).
- Photocopy of National Identity Card (NIC) or Driving License or Birth Certificate (For Srilankans only).
- No objection letter from either of the parents if a minor is traveling with one parent. If the minor is traveling alone or with relatives, consent letter signed by both the parents is required.
- Applicants with dual nationality must produce both the passports (along with photocopies) at the time of application.
- Your current profession should endorsed in the passport and must tally with the application form.
- 6 months bank statement of individual or sponsor letter in case visit of the applicant is sponsored by others.
- Copy of valid return ticket(If available).
- Minimum Three working days.
Non-Sri Lanka Nationals
- Completed Visa Application Form (There are NO ONLINE PAYMENTS for form filling)
- 2 – 2 x 2 inches recent colour photographs. (White Background, Without Specs, Photo on the Passport and Form must tally with applicant’s present appearance.)
- Photocopy of passport bio page
- Photocopy of the page which includes Sri Lankan Resident Visa / Sri Lankan Immigration Seal
- Referal (Fax) Form
- Minimum 5 – 7 working days.
#Some individual cases may require around 6-8 weeks time for processing.
The Embassy of India reserves the right to refuse visa without assigning reasons and without refund of fee.